Ingredients Required for stuffing the parathas
Submitting to Nivedhanam:- Healthy Diet- Lunchbox Recipes event of Priya's Versatile Recipe
- 1 large gobi ( cauliflower)
- 3 medium sized onions
- 1 medium sized potato( boiled)
- 2 chilles finely chopped
- 2 tspn of finely grated ginger
- a bunch of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tspn of cumin seeds ( jeera)
- 1-2 tspn of turmeric powder ( haldi)
- 1 tspn of coriander powder
- 1 tspn of ajwain
- Salt to taste
Method to prepare the stuffing;-
- firstly soak the cauliflower in salt water for an hour prior to preparation of stuffing.
- now grate the cauliflower, finely chop the onions and keep aside.
- heat oil in a pan and add jeera, ajwain to it and then add grated ginger and also add finely chopped chilles.
- Fry these for a while and then add finely chopped onions and fry again.
- Now add the grated cauliflower and let it cook for a while and then add tumeric powder, salt and coriander powder
- finely add the mashed potato. this is optional.
- Lastly add the finely chopped coriander leaves remove from flame.
- Make sure that the cauliflower is not overcooked.
- keep aside and allow it to cool before stuffing in the dough
While knead the dough make sure it is kneaded soft so that it is easier to stuff the parathas and also add little jeera powder to the atta and also crushed kasuri meethi and a pinch of haldi and half a teaspoon of chilli powder.
Now stuff the filling in the dough and roll out and fry on a hot girdle using ghee or cooking oil.