- 7-8 ripe bananas blended into a fine paste in a blender
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 2 cups of rice flour
- half a tspn of salt
- 150 gms of jaggery
- one cup of water
- a pinch of elaichi powder
- oil for frying
procedure to make :-
- In a heavy bottomed pan add the banana paste and to it add the jaggery which has been grated. Also add one cup of water.
- Let this mixture cook for a while and keep stirring so that it does not stick to bottom of pan and also burn.
- Add a pinch of elaichi powder to this mixture ( optional)
- In the meantime sieve together wheat flour and rice flour along with a pinch of salt.
- Now as the mixture of bananas , jaggery comes to a boil turn off the flame and add the rice flour and wheat flour and keep stirring.
- Now again put on the flame and let it cook for a while and remove from fire.
- Let it cool and then knead it into a dough using a little oil if required.
- Now make small balls and roll out like puris and fry in oil.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Alternatively health conscious people can make into rotis and eat.
Make sure bananas are ripe .. infact overripe bananas are best for this recipe.
These makes a perfect recipe for a breakfast or a evening snack.