Just i was waiting for my parents to return home after attending a function and thinking of what should i make for dinner which should quickly made and requiring no cutting and chopping veggies and but tasty at same time and also light to digest. Going through the kitchen selves i just picked ingredients at random and made this recipe. It turned to fantastic and now am requested to make it once a week atleast.
Serves: 4-6 people
Preparation time : 15-20 mins
- 1 cup of tuvar dal
- 1 cup of moong dal
- half cup chana dal( optional)
- a fistful of groundnuts
- a few pieces of cashews and raisins (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- half a bunch finely chopped coriander leaves
- finely chopped ginger ( a approx 1inch long ginger) paste also can be used
- finely chopped cloves of garlic a few cloves
- 2-3 green chilles finely chopped
- 1 tspn of kasoori meethi
- 1-2 tspn of tumeric powder
- 1 tspn of cumin seeds( jeera)
- 1 tspn coriander powder ( dhania)
- 1 tspn of garam masala powder
- salt as per taste
- 2-3 tspn of ghee/butter/ refined as per personal taste
procedure to make:-
- Wash all the dals together and put in cooker along all other ingriedents and tumeric powder and salt and a teaspoonsful oil/butter/ghee.
- Don add the remaining masalas now.
- Pressure cook till dal is tender.
- Dissolve the garam masala and the coriander powder in water and add it to dal.
- Now in a small fry pan heat some oil/butter/ghee and after its heated add jeera and let it splutter and add this tempering to dal.
- Finally crush the kasoori meethi and simmer for a while and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapathi,roti, plain rice, Jeera rice.