Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Serves ; 4
- 250 grams of basamati rice ( 1 and 1/4 cups)
- 200 grams of sugar ml
- 100 ml of water
- 200 ml of milk
- 2 tspn of condensed milk ( optional)
- 8-9 cashew nuts and raisins roasted ( for garnishing)
- 2 tspn of ghee
- a pinch of elaichi powder ( optional)
- Wash the rice and drain water and let it dry for a while.
- Now heat a heavy bottom pan and dry roast the rice on it for 5-10 mins till it gets properly roasted and starts smellling.
- Remove from flame and let it cool before putting in mixie and grounding it coarsely.
- Put it back in pan and this time roast in by adding 1 tspn of ghee and roast again for sometime.
- Add water and let it cook for a while and come to a boil before adding milk and condensed milk.
- After the rice is cooked add sugar,
- Now roast the dry fruits in a tspn of ghee and add it to kheer.
- Before putting the flame add elaichi powder to retain the flavour.