Cooking time :- 20-30 mins
Difficulty level :- medium
Serves :- 5-6 ppl
- 250 grams of paneer preferably fresh and homemade
- 5-6 papads roasted or fried
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped coriander
- 1 tspn each of cumin powder, turmeric powder, chilly powder
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped dry fruits ( raisins, almonds, cashew nuts)( optional)
- 250 ml of buttermilk
- 2-3 tspn of fresh ginger-garlic paste
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 medium tomatoes pureed
- 1 tspn each of cumin seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds
- 2 tspn of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Refined oil a few tspns
Procedure to make :-
- The recipe has to be made in two parts :- 1) Prepare the paneer stuffing
- 2) To make the gravy.
To make paneer stuffing :-
- Grate the paneer or if its homemade crumble it finely.
- Season with salt, cumin powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder.
- Add the finely chopped dry fruit mixture to it.
- Put oil in a pan and add the above mixture and lightly saute paneer.
- Add 2 tspn of coriander leaves and keep aside remaining for garnish.
- Now in a wide mouthed vessel pour buttermilk and to it add salt and mix properly.
- In this buttermilk now immerse the roasted papad and soften it little.
- Make sure that papad does not become soggy.
- Take it out and cut into desired shape and stuff it with paneer mixture.
- Seal it and keep it aside.
- Stuff and roll like a masala dosa or even a samosa type.
To make gravy :-
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper it with cumin , mustard and fennel seeds.
- After it splutters add fresh ginger-garlic paste, finely chopped green chillies.
- Fry for about 5 mins or till it leaves oil on sides.
- At this point add onion paste* and turmeric powder*.
- Fry this onions paste turns brown.
- Add tomato puree and saute.
- Add a little water if the gravy starts sticking to bottom of pan.
- Remember gravy should be of medium thickness.
- Add garam masala and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and Garnish with coriander.
How to serve :-
1)In a bowl keep a papad stuffed paneer and top it with hot gravy.Let it sit for 5 mins to ensure gravy mixes with papad but should not become soggy.
2) Just few mins before serving the papad dumplings can be put in gravy. But do not stir or the papad might even crumble.
Suggested serving:- Serve hot with Roti/ Naan.