For the khandvi:-
- 1 cup of gram flour ( besan)
- 1 cup of buttermilk or curd preferably a little sour
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tspn of chilly-ginger paste
- salt to taste
- water as required
- a little oil for greasing the thali
For the tempering:-
- 3-4 tspn of refined oil
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 tspn of sesame seeds
- 2 tspn of mustard seeds
For the coconut chutney :-
- 1 cup of dry coconut (soaked in warm water)
- 5-6 red chillies( soaked in warm water)
- a small ball of tamarind soaked in water
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 tspn of grated jaggery
- salt to taste
Procedure to make:-
- In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients mentioned in list for making the khandvi expect water and whisk together ensuring that there is no formation of lumps.
- Now add water as required and again whisk together to form a mixture of pouring consistency.
- Now put on stove on a low flame and continuously keep stiring with a whisk to prevent lump formation.
- Test if the mixture is ready by spreading on back side of a plate and try peeling it.
- Now grease a plate and spread the besan mixture even using a playing card or even a atm card if you find it difficult to spread using a spatula.
- After it cools gently try lifting it off the sides of plates and roll it.
- Now cut the rolls into desired shapes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it splutter.
- Drizzle on top of khandvi and serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Grind together all the ingredients with a little water in a blender and serve with khandvi.