Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients required :-
- 4 large gauvas or amrood .
- 2 tspn of panch pooran which is equal quantities of fennel seeds, cumin seeds,mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds,kalonji seeds (nigella)
- 3 tspn of amchoor powder or 2 tspn of thick tamarind pulp
- 4-5 tspn of grated jaggery
- 3 red chilly
- 2 tspn red chilly powder
- salt to taste
- 2-3 tspn of refined oil
Procedure to make :-
- Heat oil in a pan and to it add the panch pooran and let it splutter. Add the red chillies.
- Deseed the aamrood and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the amrood to oil and let it cook for a while.
- Add red chilly powder and amchoor or tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Finally add jaggery and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove from flame and let it cool before transferring to a glass bottle.
- Serve with parathas or pakodas.
- You can also finely chop the gauva and make this pickle and stuff and make tasty aloo bonda.
Make sure that gauvas are deseeded before making this pickle.