for the khicdhi:-
- 2 cups of Rice (washed)
- 2 cups of dals ( Mix of moong dal,toovar dal,chaana dal)***
- 2 tspn of turmeric powder
- 2 tspn each of cumin seeds(jeera),Mustard seeds( rai)
- 1 tspn of fenugreek seeds
- 2-3 cloves( lavang)
- 1-2 pieces of cinnamom
- 2-3 tspn of peppercorns or as per taste
- 1 tspn of asafoetida(hing)
- Few tspn of oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as required to pressure cook dal and rice.
Procedure to make:-
- Firstly wash together dals and rice separately and keep aside.
- In a mortar and pestle crush together lavang and cinnamom and pepper corn ( you can slightly dry roast before crushing)
- Now in a pressure cook heat oil and add cumin seeds,mustard seeds and fenugreek,
- After its starts spluttering adding ground powder mentioned above.
- Add asafoetida.
- Now first add the dals and saute for sometime.
- Finally add rice and turmeric.
- Add water as much as you want and salt as per taste.
- Pressure cook till done.
Serve hot with Boondi raitha, pickle,ghee and aloo ka bartha and papad.