Farsan is a collective collective term used for a type of snack in Gujarat. Khaman dhokla is one such dish. The recipe for this dish is given by my friend Deepti who is a wonderful cook. Follow the proportions to get soft and fluffy Khaman Dhoklas.
- 1 1/2 cups of gram flour ( besan)
- 1/2 cup of curd
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 sachet of lemon flavour eno
- 2 tspn of ginger-green chilly-coriander paste
- 2 tspn of powdered sugar
- 1 tspn of Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
For tempering :-
- 2 tspn of mustard seeds
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
Procedure to make :-
- In a mixing bowl add together chickpea flour,ginger-coriander -green chilly paste,salt,sugar,cumin powder.
- Add curd and water and mix well into a smooth paste.
- Keep water in cooker for steaming and steam till it reaches a point of rolling boil.
- Add eno in the end and mix well and transfer to greased container and put for steaming.
- Steam for 10-15 mins. Turn off the heat and let it cook before cutting.
- Temper with mustard seeds,green chilly and curry leaves.
- Serve hot with Tamarind chutney or green coriander chutney.
If you regular soda with you then add juice of a lime and eno before steaming.