Dosa is a breakfast in many South Indian households. Its typically made by soaking Rice and Urad dal in 3;1 proportion along with a spoon of Methi( fenugreek) for 6-7 hrs before finely grinding it and letting it ferment overnight before making tasty dosas. But what if you forgot to soak the rice and urad dal then what to do? You can try this recipe make yummy dosas. As you already know i can never follow a recipe and always add my touch to it. So this recipe also has new flavours to it. Hope you all like it as well.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup of leftover rice (optional)
- 1 cup of grated cucumber
- 2-3 whole red chillies
- 2 tspn of roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
Procedure to make:-
- Soak a cup of rice in water for 1/2-1 hour.
- Wash the soaked rice and put in a mixie along with all other ingredients expect salt.
- Blend together into a fine paste add water that is necessary to make batter. I added 1 cup of water.
- Keep it for fermenting overnight.
- When fermented add salt as per taste.
- You can also add 1-2 tspn of rice flour to make the dosas more crisp.
- Pour batter on a hot tava and spread like a dosa.
- Serve hot with chutney or sambhar.
tips for fermenting the dosa during a cold weather.
- place the batter in a warm place like a cupboard wrapped in a woolen cloth to kept it warm and let it ferment enough by morning.
- Also you can place the batter in a casserole and keep in a warm place to let it ferment easily in morning.