This is a simple Aloo curry made using Boiled Potatoes tossed in Tomato Gravy and is mildly spiced. I remember eating this simple dish in Kanya-Pooja of Navratri. I still remember waiting for Navratri to get to eat this simple dish with Puris.
- 2 medium sized Potatoes boiled
- 1 medium sized Tomato
- 2 tspn of refined oil
- 1 tspn of Cumin seeds
- 1 tspn of Mustard seeds
- 1 tspn of Coriander powder
- 1 tspn of Red chilly powder
- 1/4 tspn of hing
- Salt to taste
Procedure to make:-
- Peel the boiled potatoes and roughly break it into small pieces when still hot.
- Cut tomato into half and grate it. This is get tomato puree without the skin.
- You can also roast tomato on the flame till its skin starts peeling and then make into a puree in a blender.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and when oil is heated add Cumin seeds,Mustard,Hing.
- After the mustard starts spluttering add tomato puree.
- Saute till oil starts leaving sides.
- Add in the roughly chopped potatoes and mix well.
- Add Coriander and Red chilly powder and 1 glass of water and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and serve hot with Puris