Meethi Rice ( fenugreek Rice) is a tasty and innovative way of eating rice. Finely chopped meethi leaves cooked with Rice eaten with Raita.
Fenugreek leaves (per 100 g of edible portion) contain the following nutrients:
- Carbohydrates: 6.0 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Minerals: 1.5 g
- Calcium: 395 mg
- Phosphorus: 51 mg
- Iron: 1.93 mg
- Total energy: 49 kcal ( courtesy - fenugreek leaves)
- 1 bunch of finely chopped fenugreek leaves ( meethi leaves)
- 2 cups of Rice
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 tspn of tamarind pulp or amchoor powder
- 1 tspn of coriander powder (dhania)
- 1 tspn of Garam masala powder
- 1 tspn of Red chilly powder
- 2 tspn of refined oil
- 1 tspn of Cumin seeds
- 1 tspn of Mustard seeds
- 1 tspn of Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Procedure to make:-
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and when it gets heated add Cumin, Mustard seeds, turmeric powder and once they crackle, add finely chopped garlic and ginger.
- Once they turn brown add onions and fry them till golden brown and then add fenugreek leaves.
- After adding fenugreek leaves add tamarind pulp or amchoor powder. Adding this will reduce the bitterness of fenugreek leaves.
- Cook it for sometime and then add washed rice and mix everything well.
- Add the dry masala i.e garam masala, red chilly powder and dhania powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt as per taste and pressure cook for 3 whistles on a medium high flame.