Nimona is a strictly home-fare dish from Lucknow, the capital of Avadh. Served hot with Puris its a again a comfort food during winter.
- 2 cups of green peas
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 green chilly or more as per taste.
- 1-2 tspn of Black pepper powder
- 1 tspn of chaat masala
- 1 tspn of roasted fennel and cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf ( tej patha)
- 2 tspn of oil
- 2 cup of water
- Salt to taste
Procedure to make:-
- Boil green peas in a cup of water. Drain water and let the matar cool,before grinding it along with ginger,green chilly.
- In a non-stick pan heat oil and add tej-patta, roasted cumin and fennel seeds.
- Once it crackles add ground paste and saute well.
- Add chaat masala,black pepper powder and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water,mix well and bring to boil on a medium flame.
Serve hot with Puris.