Yet another easy recipe made with minimum ingredients and is a delight. This is another dish suitable for all festive occasions as well as for special guests. Last post i made use of coconut and made KAYI HOLIGE recipe of which you will find here and KAYI KADABU recipe of which you will find here. This time i made use of coconut and made barfis which were liked and appreciated by all. Please refer post of KAYI KADABU to find method to easy separate coconut from shells
- 4 cups of coconut which is ground coarsely
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup of condensed milk (optional)
- 500 ml of full cream milk
- A generous pinch of Cardamom powder
- 1 tspn of salt
- 2 tspn of ghee to grease the plate
Procedure to make:-
- In a heavy bottomed or a non-stick pan add the fresh ground coconut along with 2 cups of milk,1/4 cup of condensed milk. In case condensed milk is not available add another 250 ml of milk.
- Continue cooking on a medium high flame till entire milk combines with the coconut into a single mass.
- Now add sugar. If not using condensed milk then add another 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Now reduce the flame to low and continue cooking stirring regularly to preventing from burning at the bottom.
- Continue cooking till the sugar entirely combines with coconut and starts leaving sides of the pan and comes together as a single mass.
- At this point add cardamom powder and salt and mix well.
- Spread on a grease plate and cut into desired shapes.
- When cooled take out and store in air-tight container.
2) Submitting to Shruti's "Sweet celebration" Event